They have 2 locations, though I have only been to 1 – the one on Airport Blvd. This one is actually open till midnight, but the kitchen does close at 9.
July 20th, ’17 – Only been to their Burnet Rd / Crestview location and only once. Tried the Opera Cake and some coffee – and also their WiFi to get some “work” done.
BTW, did not pay attention but they do also have a small lunch menu. Had I seen that I would definitely have tried that instead of the dessert as it was high time for lunch. I ended up getting burger at the Twisted Root Burger Co. Not that I regret that decision but I really didn’t the extra calories 🙁
I did pick some macaroons to go with me.
I’ve only been to the Burnet Location and only once so far. But definitely adding to my list of coffee places to frequent.
A few weeks ago a friend of mine and I was going to co-work together and she is the one who found this place. Eventually it didn’t work out but I was already there so I stuck around for the morning, actually thru lunch though I never actually had lunch there.
I am definitely glad to have found this place. It is the first “coffee house” that I now know of in this part of the town. It is quite nice. Good coffee. They have pre-made breakfast tacos and the also have goodies from Russell Bakery.
This list is really, really without any kind of sorting / ranking. It is simply a random collection of places that I enjoy visiting for “coffee”. At the bottom I also have a running “coffee wishlist”, a subset of my overall Austin Restaurant Wishlist ;~)
I would very much appreciate any suggestion you might have of coffee places not in this list already.
- 360 Uno Trattoria (West Lake) –
- Quack’s (Campus) –
- Caffe Medici (Campus, West Lynn, Downtown) – the 3 locations, though similar, have their own unique “feel”. Parking in any of the locations is of course a challenge, just because of where they are located. But if you happen to be around, the experience is positive.
- Fair Bean Coffee (South) –
- Fat Cats Organic Coffee & Desserts (North) –
- Genuine Joe Coffeehouse
- Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
- Jo’s Coffee (South, Downtown)
- Monkey Nest – one of the very few 24 hour places in town. They have really good coffee, tea and desserts.
- Mozart’s Coffee Roasters – even if you don’t want coffee or the desserts / pastries they offer, the view alone is worth it.
- Once Over Coffee Bar () –
- Progress () –
- San Francisco Bakery & Café () –
- Sodade Coffee – Closed 🙁
- Upper Crust (Central / Campus) – No WiFi 🙁 That is my only complain about Upper Crust. They have really good coffee and the desserts are awesome. Simply awesome.
- Pacha (Central / Campus) –
- Lamppost (Round Rock) –
- Star Coffee Co. (Round Rock) –
- Epoch () –
- Sweetish Hill (Downtown) –
- Steeping Room, The (Domain) –
- Lavazza (Downtown) – have only been here once but the Bicerin I tried was soooo good.
- Walton’s Fancy & Staple –
- Caffe Yolly –
- Bribery Bakery
- Whole Foods Market – the only thing I am not too fond of is that they don’t offer non-disposable cups
- Central Market
- la Madeleine French Bakery & Café
- Coffee Shark – (Jester)
- The Factory – (Anderson Ln) – Open till mid-night (awesome). Interesting desserts and food. But they are not Laptop friendly. Though almost everyone there were on their “tablet”.
- Summer Moon Coffee Bar – (Burnet) – Believe there are a few locations but so far I’ve only been to the Burnet one. Good coffee though I’ve not tried too many options – yet. Great service from the staff and also all the other patrons were very friendly.
- la Patisserie – Have only been to the Burnet Rd location. But they both close really early 🙁
- Barrett’s Coffee –
- Figure 8 Coffee
- Seventh Flag Coffee
- Anderson’s Coffee Company
- Juan Pelota –
- Radio Coffee Beer
- Houndstooth Coffee
- Cuvée Coffee
- Wright Bros. Brew & Brew
- Vintage Heart Coffee
- Halcyon Mueller – open till midnight (I believe)
- Cherrywood Coffee
It is still in Cedar Park area (I think) but is closer to Austin. Basically it moved from the Avery Ranch area to 620 and Anderson Mill. They still have the frozen yogurt, though not as prominently. It is definitely more of a Coffee House now. They have pretty decent WiFi and a fair amount of sitting area.